Machine Learning Engineer (Brussels)
Unmanned Life was incorporated in 2015 in London. We have since then expanded our activities to Brussels, Paris, San Francisco and Mumbai. With our Autonomy as a Service (AtaS) platform, Unmanned Life’s vision is to drive this disruptive change, and our go-to-market strategy is to work hand-in-hand with the major industrial behemoths in these large multi-billion-dollar industrial sectors to enable the 4th industrial revolution.
About the team
In order to enable our global success, we need more talented team members. You will be part of our young, dynamic, international and multi-cultural team. Team work, flexibility and resilience are key.
About the role
As a machine learning expert, you are responsible to implement, evaluate and perfect algorithms for autonomous systems such as UAV’s, UGV’s and other robotic systems. As an ideal candidate you have expertise in machine learning. You can design, prototype and deliver algorithmic solutions in C++ and Python. Knowledge of ROS and robotics is considered as a great advantage.
For your daily job you collaborate closely with the robotics team for integration with the platform and testing. At Unmanned Life you will help in creating autonomous solutions for a better future.
You will be located in Brussels where we have our tech lab and test facilities. Project related trips can be required based on the actual projects you are involved in.
- Experience in designing, building and deploying large scale systems
- Design and implement efficient algorithms
- Experience in application of effective processes
- Experience in C++, Python development in Linux environment
- Knowledge of ROS and robotic systems is appreciated
- Appreciation of coding standards, algorithms and computational complexity
- Control engineering skills
- Evolve development and design standards
- Write new program code or modify existing software packages, test installation, security and compatibility issues
- Knowledge of deep learning packages (Tensorflow, pytorch, caffe, theano) is a plus.
- Keep accurate records of the development process, changes and results
- Ability to flexibly liaise with internationally based team
- Effective time organization skills, passionate problem solver and loves challenges
- Collaborative, creative and communicative
- PHD or Masters in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science or related areas
- Fluent written and spoken English essential (any additional European language is highly appreciated)
- Able to effectively communicate at various levels
- Able to work independently as well as be a real team player
- Strive to generate new ideas and actively listens when spoken/ presented to
Please apply directly with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.