Unmanned Life Highlights of 2022
As we are nearing the end of 2022, it is the perfect time for reflection and looking back at how far we have come this year.
As we are nearing the end of 2022, it is the perfect time for reflection and looking back at how far we have come this year. In this article, we will look at some of the biggest events and achievements of the year and consider what they might mean for the future.
Deployments, Events, and Public Demonstrations:
- MWC BARCELONA – We ran demos of our autonomous drone-based surveillance application in front of hundreds of guests and VIPs.
- WAYRA GERMANY – We deployed an autonomous drone-based inventory management use case that consistently runs at Wayra’s tech lab in Munich.
- 5G LOGISTICS – We demonstrated live our drone-based autonomous application for optimised operations of smart ports.
- HANNOVER MESSE – We managed to do 85 LIVE demos displaying our autonomous orchestration of robotics to key stakeholders.
- GOF 2.0 – We closed off Gof.20 at EU Drone days in Brussels by sharing the results of the 2 year-long project.
- TRADE MISSION DIT – We also got invited to Trade Mission UAE by the department of international trade UK.
- 5G!DRONES – We successfully completed the last trials and experiments conducted in the Egaleo stadium (Athens) as part of the 5G!Drones project and our role was to autonomously deploy drones on 5G network to provide Wi-Fi to the crowd present in Egaleo stadium.
- DEPLOYMENTS IN CANADA – Both for surveillance and agriculture, we deployed 4 ground-breaking autonomous drone systems, paving the way for hugely significant partnerships in the years to come!
- BVLOS FLIGHTS – We deployed automated Beyond Visual Line of Sight flights in an agricultural setting. This 2022 step will be key for scaling our system worldwide by demonstrating the safety and reliability of our applications.
Featured in: Unmanned Life got featured in striking reports that recognised our technology and its capabilities. Sifted called us “a rising star” and one of the top companies to look out for in the autonomous vehicle sector. Other reports include Market Vision intellect, Global Market Research report Telefonica lot and Droneii.
New Branding: We relaunched this year with new logos and are currently in the process of launching our new website, so this year was full of new things and changes. Unmanned Life now has a fresher, more modern, and more recognisable style that accurately reflects our goals and objectives.
Awards: We won 3 Awards this year, alongside a nomination for a prestigious GLOMO award, and the selection as a top 5 finalist in the 4YFN award which will be announced next year.
Launched Instagram and TikTok: After the success of our LinkedIn and Twitter profiles we launched 2 more social media platforms. On our channel, you can expect to see a variety of content, including behind-the-scenes looks at our company, product announcements and updates, and fun photos and videos featuring our team. We can’t wait to connect with all of you on Instagram and share our journey with you.
Next Generation EU Grant: Unmanned Life was the only British company to have secured a Next Generation EU grant as part of the EU Recovery Plan. Acknowledged as one of the top companies in Spain to have a positive effect on the present economy by the Spanish government and the European Union, it is a significant accomplishment and a mark of excellence for our business.
New Strategic Focus: Our strategic focus is now on delivering the next generation of robotics for Security, Sustainability, and Supply-chain. Keeping the current global challenges in mind, we are offering autonomous solutions for better security, end-to-end management of the supply chain, and all this while keeping sustainability at the heart of everything.
Official partners of Ericsson: Unmanned Life has become one of Ericsson’s official software partners. Ericsson is one of the leading providers of information and communication technology to service providers, and we believe that together we will accelerate the Industry 4.0 eco-system and create more business opportunities with potential partners.
Tech Lab: Unmanned Life has opened its technical operations in the state-of-the-art, four-story building in Barcelona. This facility serves as a testing ground for drones and robots, where clients can witness firsthand the capabilities of our cutting-edge platform. We plan to continue expanding and improving this facility in the coming year as part of our efforts to advance our technical capabilities.
Growth: We believe in fostering a sense of camaraderie and morale among team members, which can lead to higher job satisfaction and motivation. This year we raised our team from 17 to 28! We appreciate the uniqueness; every individual brings to the company which is why we promote diversity and inclusion. We have men and women from different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and we all work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
First Retreat: All work and no fun makes Jack a dull boy! But we never have dull moments at Unmanned Life. As a gesture of appreciation and acknowledgement of all the hard work the team puts in, we had our first team retreat in April. We gathered every team member from different geographies into one beautiful chateau in Spain and let’s just call the experience pure bliss.
Note from the CEO:
About Unmanned Life: Unmanned Life is changing the way robots are being deployed by providing seamless orchestration of autonomous robotics with its Autonomy-as-a-Service software platform. Unmanned Life integrates different technologies. Such as AI, 5G, and Edge computing with multiple robots, like drones and/or autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) and a variety of capabilities to enable autonomous robotics operations across multiple industries in particular, Industry 4.0 and Smart Cities.